Data provided by company:
- Self-anchoring and self-expanding, made of bovine pericardium and mounted on an elastic alloy frame.
- Sinusoidal struts (structural element) anchor the device in the Valsalva sinus and annular sealing is obtained with brief low-pressure balloon dilation.
- Sutureless pericardial tissue valve for open heart surgery, especially for minimal-invasive procedures. Sizes: S, M, L and XL.
- Little size-specific data for hemodynamic performance and no EOAi calculator available.
The advantages of these new generation sutureless valves combine those of open surgical aortic valve replacement (AVR) and the facility of TAVI. They include:
- Complete excision of the diseased valve
- Anatomical tailoring to individual patient anatomy
- Atraumatic introduction with minimal or no crimping of the valve leaflets allowing more predictable long-term outcomes
- Valves are self-anchoring (no need for sutures), self-expanding for easy implantation and good visibility
- Shorter cardiopulmonary bypass time
- Permits minimally invasive cardiac surgery procedures while delivering gold-standard surgical outcome